The controller handles the processing of the DMX signal to ensure optimum adaptation to the characteristics of the LEDs.
The control curve and the number of DMX steps are adjusted in the controller.
The luminaire works internally with approx. 4000 brightness steps. The DMX signal has a resolution of 256 steps.
The step size can thus vary depending on the current brightness, a control curve is simulated, which is similar to a light bulb.
Adjusting the DMX start address:
- To change the DMX start address, the DMX page is called up via the “right / left” buttons.
- By holding the shift-key the address can be changed with the “up / down” keys. Holding the “up / down” key for a longer time causes the addresses to scroll faster.
- After setting the start address, the DMX page must be exited. Only then will the new address be adopted and stored permanently.
Connect to light:
- To connect to a luminaire, the luminaire must be in “learn” mode. For this purpose, the button is held on the lamp while the lamp is turned on. The second LED starts to flash.
- The page “Unit 1” – “Unit 4” is selected on the controller, depending on the desired luminaire number.
- With the “shift” key held down, the “learn” key is pressed, the LED on the lamp goes out, the registration process is finished.
- In principle, it should be noted that all data of the registered luminaires are stored in the transmitter and not in the controller.
By pressing the “Test” button, the radio transmission to the learned luminaire can be tested without a DMX signal being available. Both channels are then controlled with a brightness of 50%.